Rethink your approach to teacher professional learning with this short document that offers a vision for transformative teacher learning and suggests recommendations for first steps you can take.
- It makes a case for why teacher professional learning may fall short
- It suggests a vision for transformative teacher learning
- It offers initial recommendations for first steps
Key professional learning challenges facing leaders
- Leaders from the classroom to the central office may not yet have the vision for what transformed teaching and learning ultimately looks like and what students may be able to do
- Schools’ professional learning cultures have tended to work against teacher and school leader innovation, meaningful collaboration and improvement
- There is often a misalignment between actual student learning needs, too many initiatives and missing teacher ownership