Educational experts agree that quality teaching is the most important factor in improving outcomes for all students. This book shows how teacher, school and district leaders can cultivate the expertise of teachers to deliver high-quality instruction.
Topics covered include:
- The principal’s role in building teacher expertise
- The 5 Dimensions of Teaching and Learning™ instructional framework
- Observing and analyzing lessons
- Conducting effective classroom walk throughs
- Providing useful teacher feedback
- Orchestrating professional learning
- The role of instructional coaching in improving teaching practice
“This book offers insights that are invaluable to educators who seek to enhance teacher effectiveness now. The ideas presented are practical and applicable to schools in a variety of settings.” – Pedro A. Noguera, Ph.D.
Peter L. Agnew Professor of Education, Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Development and executive director, Metropolitan Center for Urban Education
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Stephen Fink is an affiliate professor in the College of Education at the University of Washington and served as founding executive director of the University of Washington Center for Educational Leadership from 2001 to 2018.
Anneke Markholt is the associate director of the University of Washington Center for Educational Leadership and an affiliate faculty member in the College of Education at the University of Washington.